I have been posting recipes that might be helpful for any Christmas or New Year's Eve party that you might be on the hook for bringing a dessert. I came across this recipe I found on the Texas Food Network Page on Facebook, I shared this back in 2013 on that page and it looked pretty good for another share. It looked delicious and I will be making this one soon at the restaurant, but we will make our own pudding, and whipped cream and not the instant. Who doesn't love chocolate ?!?
1 package regular Oreo cookies
1 stick of butter, melted
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cold milk
1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
2 - small packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
3 1/4 cups cold milk
1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 1 whole package of Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreo's have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 1 stick of melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.