This is a very versatile recipe. It can be used for a jam on toast, or add some soy sauce, chili oil, Chinese 5 spice, fresh ginger and garlic to use on some chicken wings. I plan on using this one on our duck confit taco's that will be on the menu from time to time at Farm to Fork. This will give the duck confit taco's a sweet element that will compliment the smoky flavor of bacon and the duck on corn tortilla's.
Peach & Apricot Jam
· 1 pound of fresh apricots, stoned & quartered
· 1 pound of fresh local or Texas peaches, stoned & cut into small dice (1 inch cubes)
· 3 1/2 cups of organic sugar
· 1/2 cup of water
· 2 tbsp organic lemon juice , and the zest of the lemon (use organic)
· 2 T of butter
1. Put all the ingredients (except the butter) into a sauce pot or pan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar.
2. Bring to a rolling boil for 10 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and let set for 5 minutes
4. Finally stir the butter in the jam (off the heat) and remove any scum.
5. If the jam is too rustic for your taste use a potato ricer to gently mash the fruit mixture.
6. Ladle into warm sterilized jars and apply lids, you can run through a warm water canning procedure if you ware wanting to store long term, this batch will last you about 30 days.